Thursday, February 28, 2013

Course is over...summing up - I have come far and got what I wanted - I am much more knowledgeable about what is there - and I have a little facility in using tools. I need to do some reflection and let it all sink in...going to pickup and finish the learnIT2teach Stage Four and will mull over whether to do Part Two of the Ace course. I'll have to see the course abstract....Here's my course feedback to ACE The ACE Certificate in Language Teaching and Technology – Part One Please rate your satisfaction with the following sections and aspects of the course, with a 1 being dissatisfied, a 3 being satisfied and a 5 being very satisfied. Please put any comments about a specific section or aspect directly underneath your rating. Dissatisfied Satisfied Highly Satisfied 1. Orientation (Section 1.0) 1 2 3 4 5 Frankly – a distant memory! I think it was a good “hands on” introduction”. Funny how I sweated over the drop box – ha! A piece of cake now. 2. Language Education and Technology (Section 2.0) 1 2 3 4 5 This was a very important part of the course although I was in shock at first as I dealt with it. It put demands on me intellectually – and I am the better informed for it, and the more confident in my own ability to learn (again). (An unexpected secondary gain!) I have a much better understanding of some of the issues regarding language learning and technology and am more prepared to follow and be part of the unfolding debate about using technology for language learning. 3. Technology Tools (Section 3.0) 1 2 3 4 5 Well, cool, very cool!!! I think there was a good choice of what tools to show us. It was an introduction, but a hands on introduction that really developed a level of comfort (for a beginner) with what is available. AND on Sunday I was able to show my son, the computer programmer, a tool that he had not seen (Screenr. Hehehehe) I didn't love Blackboard – the Powerpoint stuff and the back and forth – but I got used to it. 4. Overall satisfaction with the course 1 2 3 4 5 Very, very grateful. Thank you. 6. Overall satisfaction with the course materials 1 2 3 4 5 Computers are tricky little blighters and some of the links not opening was maddening – but I think that under the circumstances this is to be expected and they were generally fixed pretty quickly (or I worked a way around them) The content – very satisfied – I can't believe how much I learned and how far I have come. Good choice of articles, links and videos. All interesting and relevant – challenging – jusst a little, but not beyond my comfort zone. beyond the 7. Overall satisfaction with the instructor 1 2 3 4 5 Sheri was incredibly unflappable and steady and steadying - and I appreciated all her guidance and comments. It was a pleasure having her as an instructor. Many thanks. Any other comments? This was an amazing experience. The course really put tools into my hands that have taken me from the realm of digital illegal alien to digital new immigrant.....(my children being digital natives)

No comments:

Post a Comment