Friday, January 25, 2013

After I saw Marla's blog http://mwins.blogspot.ca/ and Paul's blog I experimented with "Design".   My very first "blog" design was straightforward but very monochromatic and the blogs melted into each other and adding the colour made them difficult to read.  I am leaving them there just to remind myself to use the highlighting carefully.

...the background picture (The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music?) is quite pretty.  I guess if I were designing a blog for the class I might add a more appropriate/related picture - I was wondering if I could scan and put my own photos in the background...

I should probably be working on TASK 3.1 (can't do TASK 2...because I can't open that PDF...so jumped ahead...)  but I am tired and this is more interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claudie, You did a great job! I like the colours that you chose. I wish I could do something like that. Looks professional to me.
    Neli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to "Design" on the blogger toolbar (above your blog)- where your google e-mail address is. Click on it - look at the different options. Mine is "picture window" - I was thinking about the "Awesome" one - the dramatic black, but decided that that was a bit too edgy for an ESL Instructor....or maybe not...!

    How are you doing?

    The amount of reading for the Section 2 tasks is throwing me off - it is very interesting...but too much time taken up writing for 3 little points...I can't do it "slapdash"... Also it really annoys me when the PP says "links are posted on the class blog" (about copyright discussions) - and they ARE'NT. Also couldn't open the
    Oareent-Child safety brochure...eventually got advice from Marla through the group discussion. Well, that's computers...keep on clicking....

    Claudie

    ReplyDelete