Monday, January 21, 2013

LINK the blogs, post a useful link



Classmates blog links

http://vanraaypaul.blogspot.ca     Paul

.http://lttradeva.blogspot.ca         Neli

I posted a "useful link" in my previous blog post but I'm happy to post another

 National Repository for ESL/LINC materials and resources and online community

The reason I posted this is that for LINC and ESL instructors trying to make the transition to blended teaching the "CLB" material that is already available might make some of the "choice" easier - especially in the beginning when creating online tasks and activities. People are already adding to the "repetoire" so it is not just the usual "CLB" binders. There are interesting  (but polite) discussions about some touchy issues in ESL/LINC. It is also a "work in progress".. I have already enjoyed  "meeting" other ESL professionals from Winnipeg, B.C., attended a "webinar" and have been active in the discussion forum...and I hope it grows and develops...If you are involved in LINC - it is probably a useful site.service to know about (CIC funded...)

(I'm talking about the activities/materials that I can see we will be expected to include...not that are necessarily the most interesting...)

This is a picture of my classroom - ready for holiday celebrations....I have since changed the layout.
Brought the tables together for more "communicative" teaching.....the tables are "tables from hell" - were
a mistake - someone checked the wrong box but we could not return them as they had been custom  made..same issues in other classes, but my room is the smallest.  Well, I've taught under worse conditions!

NO COLOUR TODAY AS I AM FEELING RATHER FRUSTRATED.  I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT THIS IS A STAGE IN 'DOING A PROJECT' - FIRST EUPHORIA, THEN DEPRESSION, THEN PROCRASTINATION, THEN CONSTRUCTIVE DEPRESSION..

like Michelle Obama's dress....smart choice, not stuffy or predictable...sassy but understated....
Anyone see it? Care?.


No comments:

Post a Comment